Friday, November 20, 2009

TAG and 38 weeks

TAG

I have been tagged by my law school friend Gara. Gara and Brandon were law school super people who we were lucky enough to get to know through Board of Barristers. They welcomed their handsome son Travis into the world back in August. I check her blog regularly for tips, advice and general good reading.

So, here's what to do. Share five things you're obsessed with then pass the award to the five most fabulous blogs you know. So, here's my five

1. The Family. Auggie is the best and I know Evangeline will be a sweet baby. I'm lucky to have a huge super family both here and back in England. I talk to Mummy (Nana) ALL the time :-) But seriously, they are all great.

2. My HMO. I know - lame. But I really don't think anyone should ever ever be without health care and I really can't argue with the fact that start to finish, Evangeline will cost me $135. That includes 9 ultrasounds, a CVS screen done by the head of maternal medicine at UT Med School, all my doctors visits, genetic screening AND Evangeline's birth and our stay in the hospital. Seriously, why would anyone pay for a PPO?? I got to choose from 850 OBs within 10 miles of my zip so its not like I didn't have choice. Ok. Rant over!

3. Champagne. I really love champagne. LOVE IT.

4. Travelling to Europe. I have to go once a year or I get withdrawal. I have to go to England and we like to fit in a trip to France and hopefully in the future to some other places too. We need to make sure Evangeline is well travelled and well cultured!

5. Cakes and cake decorating. I wish I had more time to do it and I wish I had my friend Melissa's talent!


38 Weeks:

14 days to go!! yay!!
After many threats to arrive early, Evangeline now appears to want to stay put. Its probably the working from home that helps since I don't have to drive or sit at my desk in my uncomfortable chair!!

Weight: Still at 31 pounds gained. Hoping to stay put there until she arrives.
How big is Baby: I am hoping still around 7 pounds. Maybe if I have not gained weight that means she won't have either!!
Maternity Clothes: Almost exclusively!
Stretch Marks: not yet. Holding my breath on that one!
Sleep? Still pretty good'
Best Moment of the Week: Probably hearing Evangeline's very strong heartbeat at the doctors and getting the new energy efficient front door installed. This door has glass that does not feel like a baby could push their way through it!
Food Cravings: Cake. I have been doing my best to ignore it
Labor Signs: More braxton hicks but not much else
Belly button: Flat
What I miss: I'm trying to make the most of having Evie with me all the time since it won't be for much longer
What am I looking forward to: Evangeline arriving either tomorrow or Sunday, or after the 29th (no thanksgiving babies please!)

Who knows . . . . this could be the last update! Only Evangeline really knows what she's up to so I guess all I can do is wait!!

Jane xx

1 comment:

gara hill said...

So sweet. Be sure and have Auggie let me know when the big day gets here.