Tuesday, April 06, 2010

One Year Ago Today . . .

. . . we found out we were having a baby! At that time we called it "gummy".

Having signed up for a fertility study that started on April 7th, I thought I should take a pregnancy test just in case. I thought I'd look a bit of a twit turning up to something claiming to be unable to get pregnant if I was, in fact, pregnant. So I popped into the loo at work, peed on the stick and started thinking about lunch. I had no symptoms or anything. So imagine my suprise when two lines showed up bright bright blue! I called Auggie who had the same thought - what does this mean for the study? I guess neither of us were thinking clearly. I called my mum who confirmed that you can't have a false positive. I even got Lindsay at work to read the lines for me to make sure I wasn't seeing things! And at lunch I went off to the pharmacy to get another test (or three). And of course, they were all positive.

So, we were pretty excited and a bit shocked. We didn't tell everyone at first, which turned out to be a good thing with all the cystic fibrosis drama that followed. But April 6th will always be remembered as a happy day for us and a day for which we had waited a long old time - the day we knew our pickle was on the way!







No comments: