Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I know, it has been ages

but we have been insanely busy!!! Alex and Sam made a trip over from England, we had Mother's Day and we have been doing house projects. Evangeline had a lovely time with her cousin. He kept her entertained for most of the week and helped to feed her, dress her and to make sure she was happy. Evie seemed to like her cousin just as much.
Evangeline has also learned some new tricks. We had her playing on her mat about a week ago - and she started to show signs of crawling . . .





and then last week I decided to take a little nap while Evie played on her mat. SILLY MUMMY! When I woke up she was on the other side of her large playmat. I am pretty sure the cat didn't move her so she must have done it herself. With that in mind we have moved her cot/crib to the lower setting so she can't decided to climb out while we are not looking. Silly pickle!

We think that Evie might be a wizz in the kitchen. She decided to take a keen interest in my bread making on Saturday. I explained to her about oz and cups and how we had to measure everything. I must be a great teacher because she made a pretty good loaf. Here she is watching it bake with Daddy.



Evangeline has also discovered swimming. She likes it a lot, mainly because she can splash her parents. This apparently is great fun. Nana got her a UV protection cozzie in England to protect her pale pale skin. Isn't she cute! Couldn't be any colour other than pink could it? Luckily Nana has a lovely pool for her to play in.





Finally, Evangeline has declared her political affiliation for the UK. She was in a bit of a strop yesterday. That was until Gordon Brown was called a "one eyed, Scottish T***" - Evie found this so funny she belly laughed for a good 5 minutes. Then when the new PM went into Downing Street she smiled away and belly laughed again. My true blue baby - so proud.

Tomorrow is our wedding anniversary. Long service award in order for Auggie I think. We are letting Christine babysit while we go and have dinner. Let us hope that Evangeline is her usual perfect self and sleeps from 6:30 onwards or Christine might not offer again. Another new experience for us all will be starting veggies. I refuse to feed her anything orange because of the kind of puke it will produce so yellow squash here we come :-)

Jane xxxx

1 comment:

Raegan said...

Hi Jane! I'm enjoying reading about your family. Evie is so cute, and I can't wait for the stories when she starts walking!! Nice work on the garden, too. I did the same thing this weekend and know the neighbors approved!