Monday, August 05, 2013

So, what has Evie been up to?

 
 
Since our most recent post in December (!! sorry!!), Evie has been up to all kinds of fun.  There is obviously too much to list here, but I thought I would add a few recent photos you may not have seen. Since we are now expecting baby number 2, we thought it was about time we got around to updating.  
 
 Last weekend Evie and I went to the Aquarium with Evie's friend Abby and Abby's mum, Michelle. Evie liked the tigers best - the real ones and the fake photo op one!
 You notice a theme from Evie's birthday. Fairies are still a huge favourite and this dress was just perfect for her! Evie likes to fly around the room with her magic wings.  I'm going to be honest here, I really do wish that things like this had been available in New Ash Green around 1984 or so. Perhaps Santa will bring me one for Christmas.
 Auggie and I took Evie for her first brewery visit while our friend Robert was staying with us.  Evie was a big fan of the "beer" - root beer that is - and had a lot of fun.  A girl after her Daddy's heart, perhaps?
 We wish you a merry . . .
 
Evie is already excited about Christmas. I suspect this is more to do with mince pies and Santa than anything that occurred in Bethlehem. Even so, Auggie and I keep forgetting to confiscate the Mickey Mouse that plays "we wish you a merry Christmas" and Evie has been doing her best to wear out his batteries.  Sadly (for us), these batteries appear to have some kind of magic power that allows them to last years longer than any other battery known to the human race. Deep joy.  Here is a sweet candid shot of Evie doing some Christmas ballet to the theme of Christmas Mickey.
 
 
Cat anyone? This guy showed up at our house last week. I thought there was a package on the doorstep but it turned out to be a kitty.  Because I'm stupid, I fed him and guess what?? Now he thinks he lives here!! Evie is highly amused by our new friend but we will have to find him a home. He's a sweet kitty though who likes to snuggly up against our house.  I will not give in to his cute face though - our house is a cat free zone!
 
And moving on to "bean." He is now 11 weeks and has been dancing on the last two ultrasounds.  He even waved to Nana at the last one.  I have not really felt sick but I'm tired most of the time and my tummy is massive! I know "they" say that with the second one you show faster, but this is just silly. So much so, in fact, I have no intention of sharing a photo!!   We are excited to be almost out of the first trimester and look forward to seeing baby boy at our next ultrasound :-)
 
Until next time. . . .
 
 

No comments: