Saturday, November 02, 2013

Halloween and other fun

Another week, another load of fun.  It started with last weekend.  Evie was allowed a lollipop for some excellent toilet behavior. I think you can guess the colour/flavour! Rest assured we only give Evie healthy, all natural foods :-)  To be honest, given the toilet training nightmare that was, I was willing to offer almost anything as a bribe.
 

On Saturday night Auggie and I were off at a Democrats fundraiser so Evie got to live one of her favourite dreams of having a sleepover at Tori's house. She also got to see the very end of a Rice football game with Uncle Robbie, Auntie Elisa and Tori.  We went over the next morning to collect her, and the girls were dressing up. I'm not entirely sure what is going on here but Tori doesn't look to sure about it at all.

 
 
 We also thought it might be fun to make an apple and cranberry crumble.  Evie likes making these because she can get her hands in the mixture and get all gooey.  For those lucky enough to have a piece, at least you know all the germs were cooked out at a very high temperature! I think this was one of our better efforts - Papa definitely agreed! Evie did manage to fall of the stool and almost took the mixing bowl with her but luckily I caught it in time. I told Evie we would have eaten Evie Crumble had it fallen on her.
 
  Finally we got most of our Christmas shopping done last weekend, along with some fun time on the carousel.  Yes, we are feeling very pleased with ourselves for being so organised!!  
 
and then of course there was Halloween. Auggie calls me the "Scrooge" of Halloween as I turn off all the lights, and don't allow the TV on in case anyone knocks on our door. To be honest, I HATE it. I don't want to be bothered by rude children in weird costumes.  Sadly, Evie thinks it is wonderful so we got a costume and participated in the "trunk or treat" at school.  This is much more like it. You play a few games, then go around to a few cars and get some sweets. Then you go home. Perfect.  Tori came along too!  Pies came up to my office to get changed and found a pink mirror so naturally wanted a photo of the mirror.  Also therefore is a rare glimpse of my soulless work office!




Skating anyone???

This weekend was the highly anticipated event of Evie's first skating lesson.  We figured that this would either be highly successful or a complete nightmare. We arrived at the skating place and disaster threatened when all the other little girls had white boots and Evie had rented brown ones. Luckily she didn't really notice until the end.   We had signed up for two classes and the first class was for the end of year show (the Nutcracker).  It turned out Evie was the only beginner in the show. Yikes.  So, we sent her out on the ice anyway (great parenting) and a kind older girl took her by the hand. So, they were then put into groups and Evie had to skate with a zimmer frame while looking enviously at the other.  She actually did very well. So well in fact . . .
She quickly progressed to no zimmer frame! When she did fall down it turned out that Evie is fairly dreadful at getting back up again.  You shouldn't laugh at your own children quite so uncontrollably but it REALLY was funny.  Overall though, she did very well.

And was very tired at the end of it all!
 
 
I have a doctor's appointment this week so I can give you another exciting baby update, hopefully not one that starts with being in trouble for being a heifer again!! Sadly no ultrasound but hopefully a nice heartbeat.  I will also add some stuff from the Daughters of the British Empire Christmas Bazaar that we attended today. Punch and Judy anyone??
 
 
Janexxx


1 comment:

Sarah Cardnell said...

It's great that Pie is taking so well to ice skating now! Last time I was there, I seem to remember lots of renting and returning skates. :/

Also, I think it would be interesting if Simon turned out to be (and stay) tiny. I seem to be having an Amazon child, and there can't be THAT many giant babies in the family, can there??? Ha!