Sunday, December 01, 2013

Birthday Cake, Santa, Skating etc.

 Ok, last one. Three posts in one night! This is what I get for leaving it a while. 

As you all know, Evie's birthday is on Tuesday.  Sadly, Nana will be away visiting Evie's new cousin, Baby Isla, in Tucson.  So, even though we will be having a party with her friends later in December, we decided to have a birthday party this afternoon.  It was a very exciting day all round. He's Evie anxiously waiting to see Santa.
 
 
Since Evie's dairy problem presents us with something of a cake problem, I usually make her cakes.  She had asked for a pink cake with lots of flowers on it. I think this just about fit the bill. I have a whole new respect for the strength my Grandad had to do lots of these cakes. I had "claw" hand by the end of it (should mention here that Auggie did offer to help but because I'm suborn I refused his help. Mistake). Anyway, Evie liked it and the cake didn't taste to bad either. And Auntie Jill, in case you were wondering, the ballerina on the cake is in fact the same one I used to have on my birthday cakes. I should also mention that there was a green jelly that Nana made.  

 Evie got some fantastic presents. As you can see, I am just as excited as her as it means I get to play with ponies.


 And huge kudos to Uncle Chris for the amazing dress!! Evie was SO excited. She can't wait to wear it.
 As I mentioned at the top, we saw Santa today.  Evie and Daddy are ready!! Both have been very good this year.
Sweet Evie asked very nicely for what she would like this year. Santa said he would do his best. he then mentioned that she has to keep being good. At that point Evie looked slightly less sure about the whole thing.  It was cute though. Not sure whether Lelly was given the opportunity to ask for anything.  I think had she the chance, a bath would be top of her list.
 

 And of course we spent some time skating.  Evie is getting better at going solo on the ice. She still favors holding Daddy's hand though.



And these are just some cute pictures. We found Lelly a new outfit in San Angelo. Evie was very excited. And last weekend we saw our lovely friends who are sadly leaving the US in January. Evie has known Lauren and Sarah her whole life and we will really miss them when they go home to Australia. A good reason to go and visit I think!
 
 
As for baby, he's kicking like CRAZY and squishing my breathing a bit because I'm carrying him so high. But otherwise he is well. I have an appointment this week with the glucose test (yikes). Hopefully since I have been tracking my carb intake on an I-phone app I don't be in quite so much trouble with my doctor! I will keep you posted :-)
 
 
Happy Sunday
Jane xxx

No comments: