Saturday, December 07, 2013

Brief Baby Update

Brrrr.It is COLD in Houston.  I am not maternity clothes prepared for this!!  We should have put the outside decorations out last weekend while it was nice. Live and learn.

Anyway, I had my 28 week baby appointment this week!! I'm now on every other week appointments so time will fly.  Baby kept moving away from the heartbeat monitor. Naughty boy.  This does not fill me with a huge amount of hope for the 3D ultrasound in January.  Aside from that, he is measuring pretty much on time and everything so far is going well.

Weight Gain:  Actually down 2 pounds with according to the good Dr. is fine because I am now in the normal range (hurray!!) So I'm officially no longer a heifer. At least until the Thanksgiving and birthday cake pounds hit.
How big is baby? 2.7 pounds- head to bottom just over 14 inches! Apparently he is basically just adding fat at this point. If only that were the goal for all of us.  
Maternity Clothes? Same as last time. Bump has grown so a few things no longer fit. I'm getting fairly bored with all my stuff now though
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep? Still good. Snoogle is doing his work.   
Best Moment of the week? Ultra kick practice in the evenings.
Movement? See above. He's very active at the moment. My whole tummy moves around - had forgotten from last time how creepy it is when that happens. He's actually putting on a good show as we speak.
Belly button in or out? in
What I miss? Currently, tasty food. Due to heifferness at the last appointment, I'm on a carb limited diet. This is incredibly dull as let's be honest, carbs are the good stuff. There is only so much excitement I can muster for salad.  I am keeping my carb intake to 50% of my daily food or less. Its REALLY HARD!!! Whine  whine whine. Wouldn't mind some wine either come to that.
Milestone:  We hired a painter!! Having been quoted an insanely high price by one guy and the next not bothering to call us back we finally got in touch with Nacho the painter who did some work for us at our old house. Baby will have a blue room on Friday!!! yay!
 
So that's it! Next appointment in two weeks. Should get the results from my glucose test soon too which hopefully I passed because if I remember correctly, the three hour test stinks.
 
Jane xxx
 

No comments: