Here is the room that will be Evangeline's room. As noted below, this will need some toning down . . .
So, I went and spent my gift card on a pretty skirt and some tops. But my wardrobe was still looking a bit limited. So, I was telling a new friend of mine about this and she offered to lend me ALL of her maternity stuff!! Eleanor you are a life saver. Suddenly I have clothes for all occasions. Eleanor has three lovely kiddies so has had plenty of time to collect maternity wear! Yay for good friends.
Mummy spoke to Auntie Jill today who apparently also wants us to have a 3D Ultrasound thingy. Apparently I am being outvoted. I have told Mummy that I could probably be bought so I'm waiting for offers!!
I have been reading other ladies' posts about their baby bedding. I have to confess that I don't think I am going to do bedding. I think that nice white crib sheets and a white blanket will be enough. Maybe I'm just cheap??? Probably . . .
But we do have to make sure we have everything in white. We have to tone down the walls. When we moved into this house there was one nice big bedroom already painted in two shades of pink. Since we know 100% that we are having a girlie, it seems a shame to paint over the professional job with our attempts which are, quite frankly, likely to be total rubbish. So, we have decided to leave the very bright pink even though its not our first choice and just tone it down with a lot of white. So, I feel like I'm not nesting properly because I'm not looking at fabric. I hope Eva will forgive me!
We have decided on a chair from Ikea that we really like - it is white of course. I don't like rockers so I am going with a regular chair. We have some ideas on the crib too - again this will be white. I think we will have to register for it since we entirely blew our budget on travel items :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment